Cubic boron nitride is the second-hardest known material after diamond, and as such, is ideal for cutting tools that wears far more slowly than those with other cutting tool materials. We therefore achieve a very high degree of shape and dimensional accuracy and can machine hard materials such as steel more reliably.
CBN Solid - Shapes
CBN - Insert
CNC - Production
The good thermal conductivity means that the high grinding temperatures do not affect CBN, and the resulting metal cutting heat is not a problem either.
Advantages in overview:
- Very wear-resistant cutting material
- Good heat dissipation through CBN material and the additional better cause vacuum soldering
- Significantly better connection between HM carrier and CBN segment due to high-vacuum soldering
- Upon request, laser-inserted chipbreaker, prevent controlled flow chips
- Longer tool life thanks to a cutting edge finish
- Individual coatings increase the tool life again
- Inserted clamping cups ensure a tight fit in the holders with clamps